There’s an actual recipe for getting high-value referrals. I’m going to share it with you.
You know, getting high-value referrals should be easy and intuitive. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of confusion out there because there are so many gimmicks and tricks to try to get clients to give up their family and their friends. Well. Just ignore all that. Here are the five components of a high-value referral. If you incorporate these components, you’re going to transform your business.
- Provide a great experience and great value. Make sure that your client has something great to talk about when they go back to their friends and family to build trust.
- Put your client’s needs before your own and demonstrate to them your care and your credibility.
- Help the customer acknowledge that they just got great value and had a great experience. The easiest way to do them, it’s just to tell them you hope they got great value out of the conversation that you had and out of the solution that you provided for them and then ask them for their feedback and if the feedback is positive, you’re ready for the next step.
- Ask for a warm handoff and introduction, a name and a phone number on a piece of paper. That’s okay, but it’s only slightly better than a cold lead. You want them to introduce the client to you, and if they do it in person, that’s even better.
- Finally, don’t leave it open-ended. Never set it up so that you’re waiting for somebody to contact you, say that you’re going to reach out and then do it.
If you incorporate these five components into your referral program, you’re going to get a lot more high-value referrals and high-value referrals are the holy grail for just about every small business, so try that on and let us know how it works. Of course, we’re here to help.