Here’s something you won’t see every day, the step by step guide to not getting referrals. We spend a lot of time training agents on how to drive more referral business, but today I’m going to share with you five key ways not to get a referral.
- Make it about you. You got to sale to make right. This is about hitting your goals. You don’t have time for the client and all of their needs, and if the client feels this, you won’t have to worry about any of that pesky referral.
- Provide an average experience an average value. Nobody goes running out to tell their family and friends about an uncompelling experience.
- Focus on price. If possible, put your customer in price comparison mode. That way they won’t have any idea what your value proposition is, and they’ll have no reason to go tell anybody else about it.
- Number four, be completely transactional. Don’t bother with relationship building. They take a lot of care, like longterm maintenance, and since there were most high-value referral business comes from being transactional will nip it in the bud.
- Don’t ask for the referral. Maybe you provided a great experience and great value to your client, but after a little while they’ll forget about it, and they’ll get busy and so if you want to avoid the referral business, just don’t bring it up.
Now, if you’ve been doing it this way, please let us know. We’re here to help.